REMINDER: Change Air Filters
We want to issue everyone in the GTA, Vaughan and Quinte regions a reminder: Don’t forget to change air filters!
Why it’s Important
Dirty and clogged filters can create many home comfort problems and cause expensive repair bills. Plus, replacing filters is one of the easiest HVAC maintenance jobs to perform!
How to Know When to Change Air Filters
We recommend that homeowners check filters every month and replace as needed…but how do you know if the filter has to be replaced?
Once you pull out the filter, check the condition:
- If it’s full of dust, grime and dirt, you’ll want to replace it.
- If you can’t see through the filter, you’ll want to replace it.
- If you start sneezing as soon as you pull out the filter, you’ll want to replace it.
How to Change Air Filters
Replacing filters is an easy job—just make sure that you’re using the right filter for your system and your needs.
- Locate the Filter: Depending on your model and setup, there are a few places your filter could be:
- Choose the Right Filter: There are a number of filter options, just make sure that the one you’re using is compatible with your system. Owner manuals will list the recommended filters for your particular system.
- Turn off the System: Safety First! Whenever you change air filters, it’s always advised to turn off the power to the unit.
Changing air filters is an easy job, but one that many homeowners forget. We hope that you’ll take a few minutes to inspect your air filter and replace if needed—you could end up saving money on expensive future repair bills!
If you have any questions about how to change your air filter or what type of filter to use, please contact us, we’re always happy to help!
Martino HVAC has been a locally owned and operated business since 1987—proudly serving the Vaughan and surrounding areas.